Monday, July 27, 2009

Eight Years


It's hard to believe that tomorrow, on the 28th, we will have been married for eight years.

Time has flown by and the busyness has kept this freight train moving along at a pace I'd never imagined.

I guess graduate school, police academy, one, two and three babies, four different addresses, building a home, burying loved ones, and changing careers tend to do that. I keep waiting for that time when all will be on auto pilot. Where I wake up refreshed and no one has peed in the bed, everyone's slept through the night, no one's feverish or grumpy, there are no errands to run and messes to clean, and where the two of us have nothing to do but be.

That hasn't happened yet...well, at least not on two consecutive days. Maybe we'll find it in the next eight years.

Until then, I'm hanging tight onto you, Brian. Fast rides scare me.

2 comments:

  1. I love you dear, and we'll make it. Trust me. Things do move a lightning pace sometimes, and I know we tend to get frustrated at times, but this is our life together with our boys. I wouldn't change it! I love you with all my heart dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that last comment was made by Brian, not JoAnna. Somehow I'm logged in as her...oh well. it's the thought that counts.

    ReplyDelete